The Cedar Mill Writers’ Mill started in in October 2007 under the leadership of Becky Lovejoy. It has grown, under several different leaders, to a group of around 40 local writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoir, poetry, screenplays and even songs. Some of us have been published, some dream of being published, and some write just for fun.
We have published three journals now and are hope to make them an annual event. All members are invited to contribute something–picture, poem, essay, story, drabble, chapter from a novel, etc…
We hold regular meetings the third Sunday of every month in the upstairs conference room of the Cedar Mill Library, with attendance varying between 15 and 25 members. And we enjoy supporting each other in our various writing dreams.
Meetings might include:
- A talk from a local author, publisher, agent, or member of the group
- Competition results and prizes–we run monthly competitions on the site, in aid of fun and feedback
- Critiques–we try to critique something together every month, an exercise that benefits all as we learn so much from each other
- Writing exercises–or plotting, or finding your passion and purpose, or…
- And snacks! All the best meetings include snacks!
So, if you live locally, write or want to write, and think you might benefit from meeting with other potential writers, please check us out. No experience necessary. No huge time commitments. Regular attendance recommended but definitely not required… We’d love to meet you!
For a report on a meeting, complete with pictures, go to: https://kickstartyourwriting.wordpress.com/2015/02/20/panel-discussion-on-how-to-self-publish-an-anthology/
Or you can find news of our group and journal at
- and http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/index.ssf/2014/12/writers_mill_publishes_third_j.html
For more information, ask at the Cedar Mill library!