Writers’ Mill Minutes Jan 21st 2018
Our first meeting of 2018 was fairly sparsely attended with only 12 people present. We blamed the weather, and invite anyone who wasn’t there to weigh in on the questions below:
- What do you want to achieve this year? (Feel free to add your goals to the box at February’s meeting.)
- What do you want from the Writers’ Mill this year? (Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests.)
- How important are speaker engagements to you?
- How important is it to have regular critiques?
- How important is it to have regular writing exercises at our meetings?
Continue reading Writers’ Mill Minutes 201801
Notes from Nancy Linnon’s Writing Your Life Story Workshop
Opening question: If you were to write a memoir or personal essay, what would it be about? Continue reading Mining Your Life Story, Notes from Nancy Linnon’s Talk, March 2017
Writers’ Mill Minutes March 19 2017
Twenty people enjoyed a fantastic workshop from Nancy Linnon (http://www.themovingpen.net/) on March 19th at the library. A gifted speaker, teacher, editor, writer, writing coach and more, Nancy came armed with excellent handouts including a great list of resources, and she invited us, right from her very first question, to look more deeply for stories in our own lives and those of our characters. Lots of members left energized and excited to realize they just might have a story worth telling in their past. Continue reading Writers Mill Minutes 201703