Writers’ Mill Minutes, 16th July 2017
- Are you reading this on the website? Did you receive the email? If you did not receive the email, please check your spam, deleted, update and other random folders. Try using “search” on your emails for email@example.com, then set is as a “safe sender.” And if none of the that helps, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send journal entries to email@example.com before the end of the month! Read on to learn more details
- Send 100th contest suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of August!
- Send What If…? Contest entries to email@example.com before the end of August 6th. Read on to learn more details.
Continue reading Writers’ Mill Minutes 201707
Writing and Appreciating Poetry with Carolyn Martin
Carolyn began her talk with some groundrules:
- Don’t believe everything you hear unless it resonates in you.
- Ask lots of questions
- Daydream – she once went to a poetry reading and became distracted by a poem she needed to write … called Purgatory!
Continue reading Writing and Appreciating Poetry with Carolyn Martin – from her talk in February 2017
Writers’ Mill Minutes, Feb 19th 2017
We may have started the year late but we started it in style with a wonderful February meeting where everyone participated, everyone had something to say, and everyone learned something. Carolyn Martin’s talk was such a success we’ve asked her to return in November, so if you missed this one, make sure you don’t miss the next one! Continue reading Writers Mill Minutes 201702
Notes from Jim Stewart’s talk
Jim returned for a much anticipated second visit where he talked about writing and editing poetry.
Continue reading Writing and Editing Poetry, from Jim Stewart’s talk
Writers’ Mill Minutes August 21st
You may remember Jim Stewart, poet, short story writer, novelist, musician and more from our May meeting. He returned for a much-anticipated second visit in August, where he invited and answered questions on editing poetry and how to make words count. Around 16 members of the Writers’ Mill braved the heat to attend. Notes on the questions and answers will follow these minutes. Continue reading Writers’ Mill Minutes 201608