The Writers’ Mill Journal, Volume 5, will be released in time for our November meeting.
Writers’ Mill Members will have emailed their (edited) submissions BEFORE THE END OF JULY to
Please send any questions to this address!
Stories, poems, essays, pictures, photos, snippets, etc… to be included in one of the following journal sections – please interpret the section heading as loosely as you wish!
- Murder, Mystery and Mayhem (based on November)
- White (based on December: anything related to white – clothing, weather, peace, Christmas…)
- January’s contest was “A Year” – we’re pretty sure you can find another section in this list for your timely tale.
- Misunderstood (based on the February, It’s not what you think contest)
- Windows (based on March)
- Irresistible temptation (April)
- Switching places (May’s contest was just people, now includes places)
- Home and away (June’s contest was home, now includes travel, time, and any other homes and aways that inspire you)
- Just for kids – Enter your kid-safe pieces to this section
- Just for inspiration – Enter your inspirational pieces here if you’d prefer this to another section. But remember, entries for Joe’s Inspirational Journal should also be sent to Joe.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Title of your piece (story, photo, poem, essay, snippet, whatever…)
- Section to which it is being submitted
- Author name (this is not always clear from your email address!)
Illustrations should include the same information. If you have illustrations to go with your piece, please send them as separate files with the piece (not as part of the word document). Make life easy for us, then we’ll do a better job for you!
Word count limits? Ugh! We’d rather not impose any, but if you keep your total word-count to below 10,000 words, we might avoid ruinous print costs when we put it all together. If we end up with something that takes too many pages, we’ll look forward to your helpful cooperation in fixing it!