The deadline for journal submissions was midnight last night. Ron spent vast amounts of time yesterday and today, ensuring all submissions were uploaded to our Dropbox. I spend all morning adding those submissions sent only to me, and mix-and-matching the sections. So now it’s time to start creating
The Writers’ Mill Journal
For anyone who’s interested, here’s step 1.
- Open a new Word document to keep track of all the entries.
- Insert a table with five columns, headed
- Genre (poem, story, essay, picture)
- Section (1st choice)
- Section (alternate)
- Read the entries from the Dropbox – conveniently organized by Ron with one folder per author/artist – and fill in the table.
- Reorder the table by section, and realize that one section is nearly empty, one is overflowing, and one contains entries which really don’t belong there.
- Try out some alternate section titles and reorder again until it looks good.
- Send out a newsletter asking all the authors and artists to confirm that their entries are included (’cause we might have lost some) and are included in the right sections (’cause I might have guessed wrong, or read wrong, or… whatever).
- Please read your newsletter and reply. Meanwhile I’ll move on to Step 2.